The ‘Tom Chalky’ brand is part of U.K registered company; Inspiration Hut Ltd. The following policy has been drafted from Inspiration Hut Ltd’s P.O.V and covers any and all websites that operate under them. This includes Tom Chalky, Vector Hut, and Inspiration Hut.
We take your privacy seriously, and we want this policy to be easy to follow and understand to best assist you in understanding how we collect and use the personal information provided to us. When using Inspiration Hut, you may provide us with two types of information; Personal information that you knowingly submitted, and aggregate data collected as you and others browse and interact with our site/s.
What information do we collect?
All information that is personal to you is knowingly submitted when you; Subscribe to our newsletter, place an order via one of our stores, fill out a form (i.e. a contact form), or leave a comment/review.
This information can include, for example, your name and email address when subscribing to our newsletter, or more specifically your home address when ordering from our store/s. (Please note: We do not store credit/debit card information as we use third party payment platforms such as Shopify to secure and process this data)
How do we use your information?
We use the aggregate data collected from the activity of users to improve the functionality of our site and to offer a better experience.
We use the information that you knowingly provide to us via our store to fulfill your order request. Your information, whether public or private, is not for sale. We will not exchange, transfer, or provide it to any other company without your direct and well-informed consent. Your email address may be used to send you emails regarding your recent order, any updates relating to your order, any related product/s or service information, company news, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We have a variety of security measures in place that ensures the safety of the information you submit when placing an order, using our forms, or accessing the information you have already provided.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via TLS v1.2 technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose your information to third-parties?
We may pass your information onto highly trusted third-parties. The third-parties that we may share your information with are:
- Google (to process our aggregate data and to track analytics throughout the site and our emails)
- Active Campaign (for email newsletter and delivery)
- Facebook (when and if we advertise, we use Facebook for targeted campaigns)
- Shopify (The company we use to host our prints store)
- Printful (Our prints supplier)
In addition to the third-parties outlined above, we may disclose your personal information, without prior notice, if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws or in good faith that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws, and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon Inspiration Hut.
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Inspiration Hut.
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of Inspiration Hut.
Third party links
We may include links to third-party products or services within our articles or emails. These sites have separate and independent privacy policies that may vary from our own. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these third-party sites.
Childrens’ online privacy protection act compliance
Our website is not directed at children under 16, and we won’t knowingly allow anyone under 16 to provide us any personally identifying information; if you’re under 16, please don’t provide any information about yourself on this website. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our database.
How to access, correct, and withdraw your information
You’re able to access, correct and withdraw any and all information that you submit to us.
- If you have placed an order through our marketplace, you can update your information via your account or you can contact us here with your updated details.
- If you’re a subscriber and wish to unsubscribe to our newsletter, you can so by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails.
- If you would like your information removed from our database, you may request that by contacting us here.
From 25th May 2018, you may also have the right to request we stop processing such information or request a copy of such information in a portable format.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office or raise a complaint.
You can contact us via email using either our contact form or sending your communications directly to tom[at]inspirationhut.net
Policy modified on 09/05/2018 (UK Date Format)